On February 2, 2022 I gave an intro to accessibility talk for Buddy. It was fun having the chance to encourage more people to make their website accessible.
Video runs 1 hour and 17 minutes.
I’ve been assured professional captions and transcripts will be available soon.
Resources mentioned in the webinar
- CDC’s Disability & Health Overview
- Haben on YouTube: My Braille Computer Died
- Deque Screen Reader Keyboard Shortcuts
- Christopher Hills on YouTube: One switch. One head. The world.
- WebAIM Million: WCAG Conformance
- The Complete Guide to Captioned Videos (Meryl Evans)
- Colour Contrast Analyser (TPGi)
- EightShapes Contrast Grid
- The good line-height
- Golden Ratio Typography Calculator
- The Hemingway app
- Plain Language dot gov: Use simple words & phrases
- Figma A11y Annotation Kit
- A11y Project Checklist
- How to Meet WCAG (Quick Reference)
- Overlay Fact Sheet
- aXe (Deque)
Free Training & Webinars
Additional Accessibility Resources
- Nic’s Soundbites – Hear from people with disabilities.
- 100 Days of A11y – My journey from web dev to a11y specialist.
- A11y Project – Your resource to find more a11y resources.